Wood has made two or more baskets from beyond the arc seven of the Pack’s last nine games, going 25 of 61(.410) in that span.
• Junior C.J. Leslie led the Wolfpack in scoring for the team-best fifth time this season, pouring in 21 points, to go along with eight rebounds. He has scored in double figures in 12 of the Wolfpack’s 13 games this season.
• Senior Richard Howell had 11 points and 13 rebounds for the Wolfpack, his seventh double-double of the season and the 20th of his career. That’s the most by a Wolfpack player since Kenny Inge had 23 from 1998-2001.
• The Wolfpack, the nation’s top shooting team, made at least half of its shots for the 11th time this season, hitting 53.3 percent from the field. State is 11-0 when hitting at least 50 percent of its field goals.
• Seven straight wins is the Wolfpack’s longest winning streak under second-year head coach Mark Gottfried.
• The Pack has won nine straight home games, dating back to last year’s win over Miami.
• NC State is now 12-2 in games played on New Year’s Eve. The Pack also exited 2011 with an 82-55 win over Western Carolina last Dec. 31.
• The Wolfpack improved to 8-0 all-time against UNC Greensboro. That ties the 8-0 record State has against Winthrop as the fourth-best record against teams the Pack has never lost to, behind UNC Asheville (17-0), Western Carolina (14-0), Atlantic Christian (13-0).
• The win was the Pack’s final non-conference game of the season. It finishes the regular season with 18 consecutive Atlantic Coast Conference games, after 21 consecutive seasons of 16 league contests.
• NC State basketball is now 4-1 on days when the Wolfpack football team plays in a postseason bowl game. The football squad, which lost to Vanderbilt in the Music City Bowl on Monday, is 2-3 in those contests.